Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Academy Award

I confess to being inordinately pleased with myself. You see, I don't generally watch movies and almost never go to the theater. I have trouble sitting still that long. But I made an exception last week. The Artist was playing at the Roseway Theater, just a short walk from our house. Sally and I strolled over and enjoyed the film. We didn't know we were watching an Oscar favorite.

A few days after our viewing, articles began appearing in the news touting The Artist as the best picture favorite. I had my fingers crossed. On Sunday evening it all came together. The Artist won five awards, including best picture, best actor, and best director. I'm nominating myself for the "Best decision to walk to the neighborhood theater to see my one movie per year" award.

What? ME? I WON?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

What do you mean I have to share the statue with Sally?

No comments:

Post a Comment