Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nitrile Exam Gloves


There was a time in my life when all my associations with nitrile exam gloves were negative. No need to go further with that line of conversation.

My opinion of nitrile gloves has changed. For example, my experience this morning renews my appreciation for these lightweight wonders. My hands are really sore from the last two days' remodeling efforts. I have splinters, scrapes, and dry irritated skin from cleaning products I used, multiple washings, and my day applying thinset mortar for the tile operation. By this morning my hands had had it. So, I slathered on a couple lotion products and put on a pair of nitrile gloves. Normally the greasy feeling would bother me. This morning it was true relief.

Then the fun began. Attempting typical day-to-day activities with gloves on is very interesting. On the positive side, folding laundry and feeding the dogs were quite pleasant. Surprisingly, flossing was easier than expected, AND I feel as if I've been to the dental hygienist. Even tyuppinbg on the computer is faiurly easy.

On the other hand (!) there were some activities that were really difficult. Buttons, for example. I now understand why surgical scrubs come without buttons or snaps. Can you imagine your doc entering the operating room with their hand elastically connected to their fly? I can now. No wonder 501 jeans are not part of their surgical garb.

Anyway, the morning has happened as usual, and my hands feel better. Now, about that rough skin on my heels... I wonder if they make nitrile socks?

1 comment:

  1. Now, the key is to use those gloves *while* you're cleaning to protect your skin.

    ReplyDelete