Sunday, February 6, 2011

Green Bay 31, Pittsburgh 25


I got to watch the Super Bowl. That might not seem like a big deal to most people, but most people don't work in the church. My viewing of the NFL playoffs was spotty this year as there were meetings scheduled against them week after week. I nearly faced the same problem with the Super Bowl, as a family requested a private memorial service this afternoon. Yes, I could have declined, but I found it difficult to explain to a grieving family that I couldn't help them because I needed to watch television.

It turned out well. The dearly departed was a Packer fan, so the family offered to move the service time to 2:30 so we'd be done before kick off. I did miss Christina Aguilera botching the National Anthem, but that was about all. In retrospect, conducting a funeral is more tolerable than watching the over-hyped pregame show anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment