Monday, May 10, 2010

Rhythms and Cycles


I've never been all that interested in efforts to characterize human behavior and action by use of biorhythms and the like. True, I have experienced circadian rhythms and being affected by the loss of daylight hours known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Beyond that I'm pretty skeptical.

So how come I can go days, or even weeks feeling physically tired and mentally uninspired, and then have a burst of inspiration and energy? What's up with that?

Yesterday, ideas seemed to bubble up in my head faster than I could describe them to Sally or even write them down. I was on creative overdrive, and neither coffee nor alcohol were involved, at least no more than usual. I wish I could figure out what tripped the switch so I could trip it again on occasion. Or perhaps I could bottle it and make it available to family and friends. You interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment