Friday, March 19, 2010

Connectivity


The primary focus of my morning has been struggling with the computer. For some reason our download speeds, never all that great, have declined to dial-up levels. It is no longer possible to watch video feeds, even of news stories and the like. Please note that this is not a wireless issue -- our iMac is connected by ethernet to the cable modem. My best guess is that so many subscribers have now been added to our neighborhood cable line that everything has turned to molasses. I used to notice declines in speed at certain, high-volume times of the day. Now it's constant.

I'm not sure what my options are. Qwest does not support DSL in our neighborhood, and I have no experience or knowledge of wireless or satellite providers. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd welcome your feedback at hollis.bredeweg@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment